- Ways To Obtain Your Own Bible Without Having To Buy It
- A Brief Account Of The Book Of Romans In The New Testament
- A Brief Bio Of The Old Testaments King David
- A Brief Glimpse Into The Old Testaments Joshua
- A Capsule Of Moses Three Speeches From Deuteronomy
- A Glimpse Into The Best Selling Book Of All Time The Bible
- A Glimpse Into The Muslims Bible The Quran
- A History Of The New King James Version Of The Bible And Its Modern Translations
- A Peek Into Heaven As Read In Chapters 21 And 22 Of Revelation
- A Quick Look Into The Old King James Version Of The Bible
- A Teaching Of The Torah Jewish Scripture
- A Telling Synopsis Of The Old Testaments Genesis
- An Overview Of Exodus, A Book In The Old Testament
- An Overview On The Different Versions And Translations Of The Bible
- Biblical Events Leading To Jesus Crucifixion
- Come Again The Story Of Jesus Resurrection
- David And Goliath The Original Tale About Beating Your Giants
- Defining Ruths Special Relationship With Naomi In The Bible
- Easy Tools To Help You Better Understand And Study The Bible
- Exoduss Chronicle Of The Parting Of The Red Sea
- Genesis, Chapters 6-9 The Story Of Noah
- Helpful Hints For Leading Your Own Bible Study Group
- How Abraham Became A Father At The Age Of 100
- Inconsistencies Of Gospel Accounts For The Last Supper
- Lessons To Help You Choose The Right Bible For You
- Outlining The Different Christian Interpretations Of The Old Testament
- Profiling The Main Apostles Of Jesus From The Bible
- Say It With Love Popular Bible Verses For Different Kinds Of Love
- Sin By Omission Josephs Amazing Rise To Glory In Genesis Chapters 37-45
- Straight Into The Lions Den The Tale Of Daniel
- Table Manners The Last Supper In Review
- Tell It On The Mountain The Delivery Of The Ten Commandments
- The Bible Gone Contemporary The New American Standard Version Of The Bible
- The Bibles Interpretation Of What Confession Entails
- The Bibles New Testament In Review
- The Bibles Stance On How To Pray
- The Bibles Stand On The Topic Of Sin
- The Christians Take On The Rapture
- The Churchs Stand On The Topic Of Feminism
- The Da Vinci Code And Bible Comparison Controversy
- The End Of Our Time What The Tribulation Means
- The First Step Of Bible Study How To Start Reading The Bible
- The Great Debate About The Real Authors Of The Gospels
- The Holy Trinity A Perplexing Puzzle
- The Lord Prayer The Most Widely Known From The Bible
- The Reason For The Season What The Gospels Have To Say
- The Scriptures Take On The Reasons For Jesus Death
- The Top Four Bible Translations Similarities And Differences
- The True Meaning Of Being Baptized
- The Walls Came A Tumbling The Battle Of Jericho
- 22bible Styles22
- 22new American Standard Version Of The Bible22
- Brief Summary Of The Book Of Romans
- Differences In The Last Supper
- Gospels And Jesus Birth
- Benefits On The Book Of Romans
- Summary Of Genesis Chapters 69
- Bible Study Hints
- Bible Study On The End Times King James Version Of The Bible
- Summary Of Genesis Chapters 69
- Bible Translations Differences
- Bible Verses Describing 22love22
- Different Kinds Of Love Philia
- Bible Verses That Contain The Word Love
- Popular Bible Verses
- Brief Summary Of The Book Of Romans
- Brief Bio King Saul
- Brief Synopsis Of The Life Of King David
- Briefs Synopsis Of The Twelve Disciples
- Christian Stance On Red Sea
- Comparison Of Da Vinci Code And Bible
- Corporate Prayer Out Loud
- Outline Of The Crucifixion Events
- Brief Crucifixion Of Jesus
- David And Goliath By Muslims
- Deutoronomy Bible
- Different Accounts Of The Last Supper
- Different Kinds Of Love In King James Version
- Different Versions Of The Bible
- Holy Trinity Puzzle
Helpful Hints For Leading Your Own Bible Study Group
Leading your own bible study group can be a rewarding experience as long as you have some basic hints to get you started and to help you along the way. The main role of the Bible study leader is simply to get everyone in the group involved by asking questions and encouraging people to respond. Bible study leaders actually lead more than they teach. A good leader draws everyone in and everyone out. The following hints can help you be a more effective leader.
Before the Study:
Make sure everyone has his or her own study materials.
Work through each question in the study and the leader’s notes yourself.
Pray for each person in the group.
Pray for yourself and ask God to give you wisdom and the ability to apply the study to your own life.
During the Study:
Always begin on time. This reinforces the value of honoring each other’s time.
Encourage participation by designing your study to be discussion oriented rather than lectures.
Avoid answering the questions yourself. Rephrase the questions until they are clearly understood as needed.
Try to avoid letting the same person respond to question after question.
Affirm the worth of any response and never reject answers outright.
Show respect for the schedules of your group members by ending on time.
Throughout the duration of your bible study it is a good idea to take a break from time to time and do either relational or social activities together. Being together in an unstructured or fun environment is a necessary part of the discipleship process. Jesus shared much of his life with his disciples by working together and traveling together as well as talking to them.
All small groups go through phases at various points. By knowing ahead of time the stage a group will go through you will be able to lead your group most effectively. The first stage is the Honeymoon Stage. During this time the group members are excited and motivated with a confidence that great things will develop out of the group. Stage two is the Disillusionment Stage. This can also be called the reality stage where the group members realize that growth is a challenge and can be frustrating. At this point leaders tend to think they are no longer qualified to lead a bible study. Continue to be diligent in your leadership and your group will continue to respect you and look up to you. Stage three in this process is the Growth Stage. At this stage the group begins to connect as a unit and individual members are strengthening their values and gifts. This is a good time to set new goals and challenges for the future in an effort to keep your bible study members stretched. The fourth and final stage is the Culmination Stage. As the bible study comes to an end, each member will start to reflect on what has been accomplished. Because friendships have been established many groups will want to continue to meet together for bible studies or social interaction. If it is necessary to end your bible study group understand that there will be the pain of separation but this is also a good time to encourage one of your members to take the reigns as the leader. It is a great joy for a leader to see his or her pupils go on to lead others.
An effective bible study leader is one who walks with God, lives the word of God, contributes to the work of God and impacts the world for God. While striving to be this kind of leader yourself it is also a good idea to pray for each of your bible study members to acquire and develop these marks of maturity as well.