- Affiliate Marketing: A Great Way For Your Blog To Earn Money Easy
- All-purpose Or Totally Focused What Do You Hope
- Avoid Rinky Dink Links And Keep Your Blog Bustling Along Successfully
- Blast Through Writer's Block With These Bloggy
- Blogging An Awesome Way For Freelance Writers To Attract A Broader Audience
- Blogging: A Family Affair
- Blogging Abcs With Rss Feeds
- Blogging For Newbies: Just The Basics 101
- Blogging Terms And Phrases Defined For Newbies
- By Way Of The Blog How To Keep Up Your Momentum
- Create A Pr-savvy Business With A Blog
- Defining The Blog It's Open To Interpretation
- Defining The Rss Feed Does It Feed A Blogger's Popularity
- Dropped Blog Rankings In Google Try These Methods To Cushion The Impact
- Eight Essential Tips About Blogging
- Etiquette: Rules Every Blogger Should Know
- Find Your Market Niche With A Blog
- Five Follow-through Guidelines To Gain And Retain
- Five Great Ideas On Making Your Blog Work For You
- Free Blogs May Have Its Advantages
- Full-time Income A Possibility With Blogging
- If You Blog It, Internet Traffic Will Come
- Interesting Ways To Use A Blog In The Real Estate Business
- Key Reasons Why Your Business Could Use A Blog
- Make Your Presence Known: Create A Blog
- Making Cents Of Google Adsense With Your Blogging
- Newbie Helpful Hints For Bloggingthe Who, Where, When, Why And How's
- Online Social Marketing Tips To Keep Your Blog At The Top Of The Rankings
- Originality Begins A Booming Blog
- Pinging: An Important Part Of Promoting Your Blog
- Product Promotions And Testimonials-two Ways To Boost Blog Rankings
- Promoting Your Blog Proven Ideas To Boost Visitor
- Protecting Your Blogging Backside The Fine Line Between Opinions And Libel And Slander
- Put Money In The Bank With Blogging
- Self-employed Why A Business Blog May Be Good For
- Seo A Blessing And A Curse For Bloggers
- Smart Ideas On Making Your Blog - Seo Style
- Sounds Like Spam To Me When Splogs Are Disguised As Blogs
- Spruce Up A Stagnant Website Create A Blog!
- Steer Clear Of These Seven Mistakes In Blog Design
- Terrific Tools To Get Your Blog Up And Running
- The Disadvantaged Blog: Why Free Blogging Sites May Not Always Work For You
- The Pitfalls Of Pay-per-click Advertising In Your Blog
- The Rising Trend In Vblogging: Is It Right For You
- The Similarities And Differences Of Blogs And Websites
- Top Five Mistakes To Avoid To Keep Your Blog's Longevity
- Typing To The Beat Of Your Blog Fun Ways To
- Visiting The Moblog And What It Can Do For You
- Webmasters Take Note Blogs Can Boost Traffic And
- Why Content Articles Help Boost Blog Popularity
- A Great Idea For A Blogging Web Site Is No Longer Enough
- Asp.net Blogging Software
- Blogging 101
- Blogging: Consolidation, Debt, And New Information
- Blogging For Business Owners
- Blogging For Profit Begins With A Long Term Plan
- Blogging News Stories As They Happen
- Blogging Teens
- Choosing The Right Free Blogging Tools
- How To Learn Blogging Software
- If You Are Already Blogging, Money May Be Just A
- Learning How To Make Money Blogging
- Mobile Blogging Is On The Cutting Edge
- Personal Blogging, Documentary, And History
- Photo Blogging May Be The Pinnacle Of Modern
- Picking The Best Free Blogging Site
- The Controversy Around Corporate Blogging
- The Exciting New Frontier Of Professional Blogging
- The Pros And Cons Of Video Blogging
- The Right Blogging Platform For Your Needs
- To Join A Blogging Site Or Not To Join
- Using A Free Blogging Web Site
- What Is A Blogging Tory?
- Your New Baby, Blogging, And Modern Motherhood
- Comment Box Codes For Webmaster
- Why People Slander
- Why Do People Want To Slander You
- Slandering People
- Blog Comments Threatening Slander Suit
- Great Bloging Sites
- How To Make Money Through Blogging
- Blogging Slander
- Blogging Sites
- Shock Value Backside
- Typing Etiquite
- Ideas For Promoting Your Blog
- 22net Blogging Software22
- Why Do People Slander Other
- Etiquette In Typing
- Google Commentbox
- Blogs That Are Threatening
- Ideas For Promoting A Blog
- Why People Slander You
- Tiping Etiquete
- Boost Visitor
- Join In Blogging
- Slander All You Want
- Blogpuzzles Spam
- Free Blogging Sites
- Reasons Why People Slander
- Iiii W I
- Best Comment Box For Google Website
Blogging Terms And Phrases Defined For Newbies
Blogging is prolific over the Internet. From online journals to Internet marketing, blogs are now an integral part of the web business. The great thing about blogging is that anyone can become a blogger. Here are some blogging terms and phrases defined for newbies:
Blog Hosting Service: This is how you get your blog on the Internet, especially if you are a newbie. The other way would be to host your own blog with your own website. Blog hosting services are available a no or little cost. The service walks you through the set up process and creating your layout.
URL: A URL is the location of your blog file on the web. This is how visitors will access your blog. You will be able to create your own URL. Generally it will come in the format of your blog URL then your blog hosting service name. The URL may take some time to create if your name is common. You may need to find away to change your name to be more unique or identifiable. This will lessen the chance that the URL is taken.
Blog Name or Title: Your blog name or title does not have to be the same as your URL. This may come in handy if you had a difficult time creating just the right URL. Your title will be what visitors see on your blog page as well as where ever your blog is referenced, such as links on other blogs or websites.
Layout: The layout is how you choose your blog to be displayed. This can be anywhere from a very simple template from you blog hosting service or a customized template from a paid service.
Posting: Each time you add content to your blog you are posting, or adding a post. This is important to the success of your blog. The search engines will crawl your blog more often the more often you post and add content.
Comments: A comment is when a visitor leaves a remark, comment, question about your post. It is your option whether to allow comments on your blog. However, when visitors see blogs with many comments it intrigues them to continue reading.
Moderation: Moderating comments is a way to control what content is displayed on your blog. Visitors may post comments but you or an administrator must read and approve them before they are displayed on your blog. Depending on how secure you make the moderation process on your blog, it may be possible that you deter visitors. One new option that is a definite way to deter comments is requesting visitors leave not only their own email but that of a friend.
Links: Links are the websites or blogs you choose to display on your blog. This is usually in your side bar. By exchanging links with quality blogs or websites you can increase your traffic and search engine ranking.
Blog-roll: A blog-roll is another way of displaying your links, but specifically for blogs. The blog community is largely about networking. A blog-roll is an easy way to add you new blog-links to your account. When you display your blog-roll you are doing a service for your fellow logger. This is the same with providing links.
Stat-counter: A statistics counter for your blog can be found either through your blog hosting service or an outside online service. These services allow you to see how many visitors you are receiving daily. More than this you can go in to detail as to what keywords brought the visitors to your blog, what website or blog were they referred from, and other important information that will help you keep your blog optimized.
Pinging: To give your blog the most exposure, there is a way to announce new content every time you enter a post and this is called pinging. A ping is when you notify a service like iPing or Ping-o-Matic, that you have updated your Blog and then in turn they send a signal to a server, which then creates a list of the newly updated Blogs and you will be included in that signal.
Blogging today is for everyone. The blog hosting services are so user friendly even for Internet newbies. It only takes minutes to get up and writing. Use these blogging terms and phrases and start blogging like a pro.