- Affiliate Marketing: A Great Way For Your Blog To Earn Money Easy
- All-purpose Or Totally Focused What Do You Hope
- Avoid Rinky Dink Links And Keep Your Blog Bustling Along Successfully
- Blast Through Writer's Block With These Bloggy
- Blogging An Awesome Way For Freelance Writers To Attract A Broader Audience
- Blogging: A Family Affair
- Blogging Abcs With Rss Feeds
- Blogging For Newbies: Just The Basics 101
- Blogging Terms And Phrases Defined For Newbies
- By Way Of The Blog How To Keep Up Your Momentum
- Create A Pr-savvy Business With A Blog
- Defining The Blog It's Open To Interpretation
- Defining The Rss Feed Does It Feed A Blogger's Popularity
- Dropped Blog Rankings In Google Try These Methods To Cushion The Impact
- Eight Essential Tips About Blogging
- Etiquette: Rules Every Blogger Should Know
- Find Your Market Niche With A Blog
- Five Follow-through Guidelines To Gain And Retain
- Five Great Ideas On Making Your Blog Work For You
- Free Blogs May Have Its Advantages
- Full-time Income A Possibility With Blogging
- If You Blog It, Internet Traffic Will Come
- Interesting Ways To Use A Blog In The Real Estate Business
- Key Reasons Why Your Business Could Use A Blog
- Make Your Presence Known: Create A Blog
- Making Cents Of Google Adsense With Your Blogging
- Newbie Helpful Hints For Bloggingthe Who, Where, When, Why And How's
- Online Social Marketing Tips To Keep Your Blog At The Top Of The Rankings
- Originality Begins A Booming Blog
- Pinging: An Important Part Of Promoting Your Blog
- Product Promotions And Testimonials-two Ways To Boost Blog Rankings
- Promoting Your Blog Proven Ideas To Boost Visitor
- Protecting Your Blogging Backside The Fine Line Between Opinions And Libel And Slander
- Put Money In The Bank With Blogging
- Self-employed Why A Business Blog May Be Good For
- Seo A Blessing And A Curse For Bloggers
- Smart Ideas On Making Your Blog - Seo Style
- Sounds Like Spam To Me When Splogs Are Disguised As Blogs
- Spruce Up A Stagnant Website Create A Blog!
- Steer Clear Of These Seven Mistakes In Blog Design
- Terrific Tools To Get Your Blog Up And Running
- The Disadvantaged Blog: Why Free Blogging Sites May Not Always Work For You
- The Pitfalls Of Pay-per-click Advertising In Your Blog
- The Rising Trend In Vblogging: Is It Right For You
- The Similarities And Differences Of Blogs And Websites
- Top Five Mistakes To Avoid To Keep Your Blog's Longevity
- Typing To The Beat Of Your Blog Fun Ways To
- Visiting The Moblog And What It Can Do For You
- Webmasters Take Note Blogs Can Boost Traffic And
- Why Content Articles Help Boost Blog Popularity
- A Great Idea For A Blogging Web Site Is No Longer Enough
- Asp.net Blogging Software
- Blogging 101
- Blogging: Consolidation, Debt, And New Information
- Blogging For Business Owners
- Blogging For Profit Begins With A Long Term Plan
- Blogging News Stories As They Happen
- Blogging Teens
- Choosing The Right Free Blogging Tools
- How To Learn Blogging Software
- If You Are Already Blogging, Money May Be Just A
- Learning How To Make Money Blogging
- Mobile Blogging Is On The Cutting Edge
- Personal Blogging, Documentary, And History
- Photo Blogging May Be The Pinnacle Of Modern
- Picking The Best Free Blogging Site
- The Controversy Around Corporate Blogging
- The Exciting New Frontier Of Professional Blogging
- The Pros And Cons Of Video Blogging
- The Right Blogging Platform For Your Needs
- To Join A Blogging Site Or Not To Join
- Using A Free Blogging Web Site
- What Is A Blogging Tory?
- Your New Baby, Blogging, And Modern Motherhood
- Blog Sites Free For Teenagers
- Add Google Comments Box Code
- Why Do Poeple Sldnder
- Slander In Blog
- Ideas For Promoting Your Blog
- Shock Value Backside
- Free Blogging Sites For Teens
- Etiquette Rules For Webmasters
- Typing Etickette
- Comment Box Code
- Net Blogging Software
- Google Loves To Slander Your Site
- Typing Etiquete
- Why People Slander You
- Etiquette In Typing
- Blogging Sites
- Family Blogging Software
- Reasons Why People Slander
- Blog Comments Threatening Slander Suit
- People Slandering On Blogs
- Great Blogging Sites
- Terrific Tools
- 22net Blogging Software22
- How To Make Money Through Blogging
- Typing Edicate
- What Is A Blogging Baby
- Freelance Add Links
Sounds Like Spam To Me When Splogs Are Disguised As Blogs
Splog are spam blogs, which serve a similar function as spam e-mails. They are basically advertising that a person does not really want, and is an abuse of the free blogging system.
Some examples of splogging include placing text that does not make any sense on a page, or the use of repetitive text that is irrelevant to the blog itself. This usually occurs in the comment section of a blog, but can also occur within a blog entry itself.
What these blog entries do is attempt to take advantage of using search terms in order to increase their page rank. However, the search terms used to make these splogs come up often have nothing to do with the blog, which really is an advertisement.
These advertisements are different than regular blogs because they are not meant to be useful for the reader. Instead, they are promoting a product or service, and are looking for buyers. In addition, these blogs usually contain a heavy amount of links that lead to all one place, or one page.
Another characteristic of a splog is that they usually contain quite a few affiliate links, and even stolen content from other websites. Most splogs are considered not very original pieces of work, and they often do more to annoy visitors looking for useful information than anything else.
The reason why splogging is considered to be so unethical is because it not only annoys visitors but it also clogs search engines. It takes the place that otherwise relevant content would take. In addition, splogging takes advantage of the fact that people can post comments with links on sites.
In fact, the history of splogging took place when sploggers filled in guest books on sites with links, and often-nonsensical comments. For instance, someone who would place a spam blog comment would add “nice site” and then would add a link. Along with that the visitor would then type in key words of a spammed link.
Splogging has, unfortunately, become the new spamming. Over 8% of blogs tracked by Tecnnorati are proven to be spam blogs. Another source says that 34,000 blogs are “hosted” on Google’s free Blogspot. These are hurting the credibility of Google. However, Google is doing something to stop it.
Google is encouraging those who notice any suspicious spam blogging on Blogspot to report it.
Possible solutions for eliminating spam blogs include blocking certain key words, such as those which target many popular pharmaceuticals or casino names. Another way to control spam blogging is to set up an RSS feed which will track certain key word searches, such as those for Viagra, or similar.
Another option for blog site owners to help control spam blogging is to turn off comments, or have people register in order to make comments. This will make monitoring of comments must easier.
Another method used to help prevent splogging is the use of a system that tracks IP addresses. It will help narrow down entries that took either too long or too short of a time to post on blog sites. It will also help identify spammers who use fake IP addresses to conceal their identities.
Splogging is another word for ineffective advertising. Most people do not go to blog sites to buy things. Instead, they go to blogging sites to read the latest news, opinions, or debate. They do not go to look for sites filled with loads of irrelevant advertising.
It is not wrong to leave a comment or two on a site that is relevant to the original blog. However, this should even be done with caution. In addition, usually only leaving one or two links under a comment is appropriate and not a huge number of them.
Splogging is considered as unethical as e-mail spam. In order to ensure that you are within the parameters when you blog you may want to read other articles like this to learn more about it.
When you manage a blog you will want to watch out for this so it doesn’t happen to you. It is important that you monitor all your comments carefully. In addition, you may want to consider approving all posts before you allow them to be displayed.
If you want to allow people to comment freely on your blog site then you may want to at least adjust your blog settings so that you are automatically notified when a new blog entry is posted. This is another way to control the type of traffic that visits your site, and a way to help block those who abuse the free blogging system.