Stanozolol, sold under the brand name Winstrol (oral) or Winstrol Depot (intra-muscular), is a man-made synthetic anabolic steroid that has a similar structure to testosterone. It is derived from the natural steroid and its approved by the FDA for human use.
Other anabolic steroids beside Stanozolol include Oxandrolone, Nandrolone and Oxymetholone. Anabolic steroids are typical used to rebuild tissues that have weakened because of serious illness or injury. When taking a steroid treatment, a diet high in calories and protein is necessary.
Stanozolol and the other anabolic steroids have different uses including:
* For women they treat certain types of breast cancer
* They cure certain types of anemia
* They help some patients to gain or maintain weight after severe injury, infections
* Are used to treat hereditary angioedema (in this case a proper oral dosage for Stanozolol is for adults and teenagers - at first 2 mg three times a day to 4 mg four times a day, for five days and than lower the dose to 2 mg once a day or once every other day).
Stanozolol is one of the few compounds that women can take as well because it is anabolic. It is known that women can tolerate around 5-10 mgs of the product per day. The drug has a very high protein synthesizing ability lacks anti-progestin properties. In larger dosages, this product may cause masculinization side-effects.
This medicine has also been used on animals and veterinarians prescribe the drug to stimulate the appetite, increase the bone density, and to improve red blood cell production and muscle growth in animals.
Stanozolol is only used as an ergogenic aid and is banned from use in sports competition under the auspices of the International Association of Athletics Federations.
There are some situations in which the medicine has caused serious and even fatal liver problems, so any signs of nausea, vomiting, yellowing of the eyes or skin, abdominal pain or dark colored urine must be reported to the doctor immediately.
Do not take Stanozolol or talk to your health care provider first if you have :
- hypocalcaemia (a high level of calcium in the blood)
- prostate or breast cancer
- blood vessel or heart disease
- any liver, kidney or blood clotting problems
- high level of cholesterol in the blood
- or if you are pregnant (the drug causes birth defects)
Stanozolol is sometimes used illegally in bodybuilding and in combination with other testosterone-based anabolic steroids, and it often very favored by many people because it increases muscle mass without excess weight-gain. Stanozolol doesn't convert to estrogen and it does not cause excess water retention. It is used by athletes and bodybuilders in order to lose fat while retaining lean body mass.
For More Information Click Here