- Ad Aware - The Good, The Bad And The Computer Crashers
- Are Those Free Shareware Programs That Detect Spyware All They Are Cracked Up To Be?
- Be A Responsible Computer Owner - Get Spyware Removal Software!
- Browser Highjackers - What's This Mean In Terms Of Spyware?
- Cache And Carry - What Does Your Computer's Cache Have To Do With Anything?
- Cases When Spyware Can Be Good
- Clues That Indicate That You Have Spyware
- Companies Need Multiple Approaches To Defeat Spyware
- Defining Spyware And Its Uses
- Dialer Software Can Be A Major Pain In The Computer And Pocketbook
- Do You Have Spyware? Indicators Of Infection On Your Computer And What To Do
- Don't Click That! And Other Tips To Avoid Spyware
- Educating Your Kids About Spyware And The Steps To Prevent It From Happening
- Email Evils - How Your Email Can Wreak Havoc With Spyware On Your Computer
- Firewall Facts - What It Can Do To Protect Your Computer
- Five Steps To Prevent Spyware From Installing On Your Computer
- Free Vs. Fee - Which Spyware Removal Tools Are The Best For Your Problems?
- Got Rats In Your Computer? Remote Access Trojans Explained
- Hijack High Jinks - What This Means For Web Surfers
- How Spyware Finds Its Way To Your Computer Hard Drive
- How To Choose The Right Spyware Removal Program For Your Needs
- Im Madness - Spyware Can Creep Up On Your Instant Messaging Too
- Industry Spying Through The Use Of Spyware
- Intentional Spyware - Parental Controls And Keylogging
- Is Your Computer Moving Slower Than A Pentium 2? You Might Have Spyware!
- Key Logger Woes - How This Type Of Spyware Can Hurt You
- Legislation To Stop Spyware - Will It Stop The Craziness?
- Malware And Spyware - Are They The Same Thing?
- Network Nervous Nellies - Spyware Problems Network Administrators Face
- Nothing's Private These Days With Spyware Around
- Porn - The Biggest Spyware And Adware Computer Menace Of Them All
- Porn Problems - Why Spyware Is So Prevalent In The Pornographic Industry
- Privacy Issues With Unwanted Spyware
- Reasons To Be Diligent About Scanning Your Computer For Spyware
- Simple Tips To Clean Spyware Off Your Computer
- Six Top Concerns About Spyware
- Solving Your Spyware Dilemma - How To Rid Your Computer Of That Pesky Problem
- Spyware, Adware, Trojans, Viruses - What Is The Difference Between All These Computer Menaces?
- Stop And Think Before Downloading Anything Off The Internet
- Stop It Before It Starts - Easy Ways To Keep Spyware From Sneaking Up On You
- The Effect Of Spyware On Work Productivity
- The Job Of Blocking Spyware - How To Keep Current On Your Protection
- The Legalities Of Spyware
- Thwart Those Internet Hijackers With Some Simple Solutions
- Trusting Spyware Detection Software - Do They Really Work?
- Viruses, Adware And Spyware - Oh No! The Differences Between These Computer Foes
- Want Some Worms With That Spam And Spyware Computer Sandwich?
- Why It Makes Sense To Have More Than One Spyware Detection Software On Your Computer
- Why Some Spyware Software Gives You False Negatives On Spyware Detection
- Your Computer Has Bho - Browser Helper Object
- Ad Aware Good For Computer3f
- Best Ad Aware Programs
- Buy Webwatcher
- Spy Software Legalities
- Detecting Webwatcher Remove
- Does Looking At Porn Without Downloading Anything Give You Viruses
- Does Looking At Porn Without Downloading Anything Give You Viruses
- Getting Rid Of Webwatcher
- How To Detect Webwatcher On Computer
- How To Detect Webwatcher Software On Your Computer
- How To Disable Webwatcher
- How To Get Rid Of Webwatcher
- How To Stop Webwatcher Spy
- Legality Of Internet Webwatcher Spying
- Six Clues Of When You Have Spyware
- Virus Computer Crasher
- Webwatcher Carry Virus
- Defeat Webwatcher
- Webwatcher Detection
- Webwatcher Slows Computer
- Spyware Adware Webwatcher
- Will Ad2dadware Work
- What Is The Difference Between Computer Viruses Malware Adware And Spyware
- How To Tell If I Have Webwatcher On My Computer
- Finding Webwatcher Spyware On My Computer
- Does Wildtangent Carry Spyware
- Is There Any Way To Detect Webwatcher
- Delete Webwatcher
Educating Your Kids About Spyware And The Steps To Prevent It From Happening
If you start to get tons of pop-up windows even when not connected to the net and your computer has slowed to a crawl, you might have spyware. You know you haven't downloaded anything lately and you have a great anti-virus program. Well, if the kids have been at the PC, there is a good chance that is how you got it. Spyware is software that can get into your machine while visiting not so safe web sites or through downloading programs from an unknown source. Most of the time you won't even know that they are invading you or apart of a program you are downloading. Kids are especially easy targets. The good news is that most of the spyware children tend to download is not malicious. Annoying yes, it will slow down your process speed and cause a lot of pop-up windows. It might even change your home page and redirect all your searches, but it won't crash you. If your kids frequent your machine often to play online games or chat, they could be accidentally infecting you.
Typical children's software downloads that can contain spyware are very simple to figure out. Children love free games they can download from the net. They assume that since they are free, it should not be a problem with Mom or Dad. Kids also love to get music, movies, and other software through file sharing. These files can be corrupted with viruses and/or spyware. A very good source of spyware is animated desktop characters. These are very entertaining and appealing to children. Most parents don't mind them being on the computer until they find out that they are not alone. Free screen savers are also popular with kids. Parents or children will download them thinking that SpongeBob will look great and now the computer has changed your home page and it takes two hours to open Microsoft word. Another popular download for kids is tool bars for the browser. For some reason, they can never get enough and as they come out with more buttons and gadgets, kids can't help but add them to the computer. Older kids are also known to download pop-up blockers that appear on the computer. They assume since they are advertising a feature that Mom and Dad like, it is okay. These actual ads are pop-ups and infect the computer.
Not every tool bar, game, or screen saver will contain spyware. If you teach children to only download from trusted sites they can get the things they love without infecting your computer. They need to ask prior to downloading a program if it looks okay or be capable of reading the license agreement, warning statements, and privacy statements provided. Many of the agreements are not easy to read and it is best to instruct children to ask before installing programs on their own. If your child is asking for a program that you are not sure about, type it into your browser and see what comes up. You could be directed to a trusted site for its download or learn that it is a hoax and is spyware. For those of you out there who hear "I didn't download anything, I swear", sometimes the kids have no clue they even did it. There are many popular kid sites out there that will just try to download software with out your children knowing.
The kids may see the warning that something wants do download and just click at random to make it go away. What usually happens is they click the wrong box and the software downloads. It is very easy to accidentally hit agree or the wrong X. If your children cannot be trusted to know the difference in what is a good site or what is not then you can install some parental controls that will keep them from being able to download things from the net. Talk with your kids about the net and what is there. Depending on the age of you children you will have to have a talk with them. You might have older children that you can teach where they are allowed to download from and where they can't or have to ask first. Add sites that your children are aloud to download from on your favorites. This way they know where is good. Establish rules for online usage from the moment they first start to use the Internet. This will not only keep your computer safe but your kids as well