- Ad Aware - The Good, The Bad And The Computer Crashers
- Are Those Free Shareware Programs That Detect Spyware All They Are Cracked Up To Be?
- Be A Responsible Computer Owner - Get Spyware Removal Software!
- Browser Highjackers - What's This Mean In Terms Of Spyware?
- Cache And Carry - What Does Your Computer's Cache Have To Do With Anything?
- Cases When Spyware Can Be Good
- Clues That Indicate That You Have Spyware
- Companies Need Multiple Approaches To Defeat Spyware
- Defining Spyware And Its Uses
- Dialer Software Can Be A Major Pain In The Computer And Pocketbook
- Do You Have Spyware? Indicators Of Infection On Your Computer And What To Do
- Don't Click That! And Other Tips To Avoid Spyware
- Educating Your Kids About Spyware And The Steps To Prevent It From Happening
- Email Evils - How Your Email Can Wreak Havoc With Spyware On Your Computer
- Firewall Facts - What It Can Do To Protect Your Computer
- Five Steps To Prevent Spyware From Installing On Your Computer
- Free Vs. Fee - Which Spyware Removal Tools Are The Best For Your Problems?
- Got Rats In Your Computer? Remote Access Trojans Explained
- Hijack High Jinks - What This Means For Web Surfers
- How Spyware Finds Its Way To Your Computer Hard Drive
- How To Choose The Right Spyware Removal Program For Your Needs
- Im Madness - Spyware Can Creep Up On Your Instant Messaging Too
- Industry Spying Through The Use Of Spyware
- Intentional Spyware - Parental Controls And Keylogging
- Is Your Computer Moving Slower Than A Pentium 2? You Might Have Spyware!
- Key Logger Woes - How This Type Of Spyware Can Hurt You
- Legislation To Stop Spyware - Will It Stop The Craziness?
- Malware And Spyware - Are They The Same Thing?
- Network Nervous Nellies - Spyware Problems Network Administrators Face
- Nothing's Private These Days With Spyware Around
- Porn - The Biggest Spyware And Adware Computer Menace Of Them All
- Porn Problems - Why Spyware Is So Prevalent In The Pornographic Industry
- Privacy Issues With Unwanted Spyware
- Reasons To Be Diligent About Scanning Your Computer For Spyware
- Simple Tips To Clean Spyware Off Your Computer
- Six Top Concerns About Spyware
- Solving Your Spyware Dilemma - How To Rid Your Computer Of That Pesky Problem
- Spyware, Adware, Trojans, Viruses - What Is The Difference Between All These Computer Menaces?
- Stop And Think Before Downloading Anything Off The Internet
- Stop It Before It Starts - Easy Ways To Keep Spyware From Sneaking Up On You
- The Effect Of Spyware On Work Productivity
- The Job Of Blocking Spyware - How To Keep Current On Your Protection
- The Legalities Of Spyware
- Thwart Those Internet Hijackers With Some Simple Solutions
- Trusting Spyware Detection Software - Do They Really Work?
- Viruses, Adware And Spyware - Oh No! The Differences Between These Computer Foes
- Want Some Worms With That Spam And Spyware Computer Sandwich?
- Why It Makes Sense To Have More Than One Spyware Detection Software On Your Computer
- Why Some Spyware Software Gives You False Negatives On Spyware Detection
- Your Computer Has Bho - Browser Helper Object
- Ad Aware Is It Bad
- Adaware Bad
- Spyware Adware Webwatcher
- Can Mcafee Detect Webwatcher
- Computer Crasher Programs
- Spy Software Legalities
- Detection Keylogger Setwindowhookex
- Does Looking At Porn Without Downloading Anything Give You Viruses
- Best Ad Aware Programs
- How To Crash Computer Without Remote Access
- How To Detect Webwatcher On Computer
- Internet Hijacking Preventing
- How To Crash Computer Without Remote Access
- Legality Of Internet Webwatcher Spying
- Legality Of Webwatcher
- Spyware Legality
- Webwatcher Adaware
- Legality Of Webwatcher
- Webwatcher Sucks
- How To Tell If Webwatcher Is On Your
- Webwatcher Installed On My Computer Remove
- How To Know If Webwatcher Is Installed
- Problems With Webwatcher
- How To Tell If I Have Webwatcher On My Computer
- How To Kill Webwatcher From A Computer
- Is Webwatcher Legit
- Does Wildtangent Carry Spyware
- Webwatcher And Anti Spyware
Your Computer Has Bho - Browser Helper Object
A BHO or Browser Helper Object is a DLL. It allows the user to customize and control Internet Explorer. Upon starting Internet Explorer 4 or higher the BHO is read and used. The BHO has access to all the events and properties during the browsing session. These are designed to help you browse the net. They will find related information for a particular search. If you have installed this onto your machine then you are fine. But if someone else has installed this onto your computer with out you knowing it is now spyware. They can use it to control your Internet Explorer and force you to view sites you don't want to be on. Some of these Browser Helper Objects even will monitor and control file downloading that add even more spyware or malware onto your computer. Because they don't require and interface it is possible to have these on your machine and have no clue that they are there. Someone could be monitoring your surfing habits.
Many of these BHOs and spyware are poorly written and done too quickly. This can make them incompatible to the system it is trying to corrupt. This can cause severe damage to a computer. People who make spyware don't care what happens to your computer. They just want to make money by directing your computer to their site. Browser Helper Objects that are not checked for errors can threaten your computer's security and cause system instability. There are many companies that go out of their way to make sure that the BHOs they make are well hidden as they install into your computer. Some are not even recognizable by popular detection tools. They change the BHO regularly so that it will find its way to your computer before the latest version of anti-spyware comes out or is updated. Changing the DLL that runs them disengages them. There are many BHO removers out there. Be careful what you are downloading and from where. The program you get to relieve your BHO problem may be one itself.
Don't let the word helper in Browser Helper Object deceive you. There is nothing helpful about them. They spy on your every move and tell the company that implanted it where you go when browsing. Then it will take over your browser and redirect your searches, or what they like to call "helping" you to their site and their affiliate sites. This type of help is not what it is cracked up to be. Not only does it bog down your system and makes all your programs run really slow it can crash your computer. There is nothing helpful about a slow computer that does nothing you want it to and then crashes. Many of these will also load a whole variety of nasty bugs into your system. Browser Helpful Objects have the capability to download files that the company or person wants you to load into your system. These programs can be viruses, worms, trojans, or other types of malware that steals your personal information and destroys your computer system.
What you need to do is make sure you have a really good anti-virus and anti-spyware program installed on your machine. You want to make sure that you software updates daily to help keep up with all the new threats. If it is a feature you have, select automatic daily updates so that the anti-virus will do this all on its own everyday. Make sure that the anti-virus and anti-spyware program or programs are run in real time. This will block all BHOs and other malware from even getting into your system while on the net. Real time use is the most effective and beneficial system while browsing. Instead of having to scan every time you are finished on the net to see if something installed on your computer unknowingly, it will just be blocked. Just like any other form of spyware, BHOs are sneaky and can install themselves when you download fun tool bars and other freeware programs. If your computers anti-virus and anti-spyware run on real time it will stop you from being able to download a malicious program. Your best defense against BHOs is to have good and updated protection on your computer